NOTE! If your Chromebook, Chromebase, or Chromebox is from 2017 or later, it won't work in kiosk mode unless it's managed by an administrator. To use your device in kiosk mode, ask your administrator for help (link to the information provided by Google).
If your Chromebook is managed by your school, the DigiExam-klient is either pre-installed or needs to be installed by the administrator at your school. When the DigiExam client is installed on your Chromebook you can find it in the bottom left corner of your login screen by clicking "Apps".
If your Chromebook is not managed by your school, follow the instructions below to install the DigiExam client.
- Make sure you are logged in with the Owner account. It's the first account that logged in to the Chromebook.
- Copy this code (it's needed to find the DigiExam client):
- Open Google Chrome, type "chrome://extensions" in the adress field and press enter (see figure 1)
- Tick the "Developer mode" checkbox (see figure 2)
- Now your should be able to see some buttons. Click on "Manage kiosk applications ..." (see Figure 3)
- Paste in the code you copied before (akicabagjochpeajjndcdapbfbbhconp) and press "Add" (see figure 4)
- Verify that the DigiExam client appears in the list and click "Done" in the bottom right corner (see figure 5)
The DigiExam client is now installed as a kiosk application on your Chromebook. You can use it by logging out, then press "Apps" in the bottom left corner of the login screen.
Great! You are now ready to use DigiExam!