NOTE! This can only be done by someone who has access to change device settings in the Google Admin console.
To prevent exam answers stored locally on a Chromebook from being removed you need to disable the "User Data" setting in the Google Admin console. Follow the instructions below to disable this setting:
- Login to the Google Admin console: https://admin.google.com/
- Click on Device Management
- Click Chrome Management near the top-left corner
- Click on Device Settings
- Find the "User Data" setting under the heading "Sign-in Settings"
- Change the setting to "Do not erase all local user data" (see Figure 1)
If the "User Data" setting is active, then exam answers written offline will be deleted if:
- Exam answers are not correctly handed in offline on a USB device
- The Chrombook for some reason needs to be restarted during the examination